D'Lynn Waldron encounters deadly Cold War Intrigue in Hong Kong .

D'Lynn Waldron was involved in the Cold War intrigue that was part of the fight for control of the Himalayas between Red China and the West plus India. (Scans of the Newspaper headline stories involving D'Lynn in Hong Kong are below this text.)

After leaving the interior of the Congo, D'Lynn arrived in Hong Kong in the summer of 1960 on a British Navy launch in the company of British Intelligence, so that she did not go through the normal immigration and customs procedures for entering the Crown Colony. The British Government people who brought D'Lynn into the Colony knew that she was armed with a 9mm automatic pistol.

D'Lynn took up residence in the famed Foreign Correspondents Club on Conduit Road, where she had stayed in 1957. The Foreign Correspondents Club was well known to be a place where agents of various countries gathered to pick each others brains. Everyone knew who everyone was in this silly game of cloak and dagger. One of the people who frequented the Club was T-- C---- a man of indeterminate nationality who was widely rumored to be for hire by any country willing to pay him, including Red China.

D'Lynn put her 9mm pistol and ammunition in a locked suitcase on top of the wardrobe in her room. T.C. had a Club servant search her room and so learned of the pistol. T.C. made a formal report to the police that she had a pistol in the Colony, which the police were thus forced to act upon.

The British were very angry about being forced into the position that they had to file charges against D'Lynn on what was a hanging offense and of which she was technically guilty. (It was made a capital offense to have a firearm in the Crown Colony after the rioting earlier in the decade.)

The evening before the trial, the presiding judge, K.A.S. Phillips, and the Chief Queen's Consul (Prosecutor) together took D'Lynn to dinner in the main dining room of the Peninsula Hotel, the most elegant place to dine in Hong Kong. They did this to make clear the British Government position in the matter.

The next morning, Judge Phillips stopped the trial with a slam of his gavel and the announcement "Nolle prosequi, by order of Her Majesty the Queen". He completely dismissed and expunged the case against D'Lynn and ruled that her pistol would be returned to her when she left the Colony.

D'Lynn went from Hong Kong to India to meet with Prime Minister Nehru (click here for photo below), so she prudently did not take the pistol with her. It was of course D'Lynn's role in the war for the Himalaya that caused her to be targeted by an agent of Red China. (click for the page with photos and news stories about D'Lynn and the war for the Himalayas)

About a year after that it was reported in the press that T.C. had been found fully clothed drowned in a bathtub in Bangalore. Rumor was that it involved blackmailing a man of importance who was living in India. Rumor also had it that the £10,000 stirling T.C. had supposedly just gotten was never found, nor was his long time girlfriend, F-----. Who knows? I wasn't interested enough to find out more about it because by then I had left the Colony, visited with Nehru in his home in India, and gone back to college to finish my degrees. .BACK TO AUTHOR

For more about D'Lynn's role in the war for the Himalayas click here.